Feel Good Beauty



That dreaded feeling of dullness, lack of confidence and straight up poopness, I'm pretty sure everyone will experience it now and then, I know I do! Those days where even a trip to the local shops feels like a task. Foundation, concealer, highlighter, contour, the lot. I will admit I have a have a slight addiction to the same make up look day in day out. I'm a winged eyeliner full face of make up kind of girl and every now and then I apply my make up to realise it's just not going right. I strip the lot off slather on a lovely moisturizer ( korres honey thyme moisturizing cream) and go back to basics.



Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup SPF 10

1N1 IVORY NUDE

Ever applied a foundation and said wow? Nope, neither have I but boy was I  impressed with this foundation. I usually apply heavy coverage foundations with my fingers before my moisturiser sinks in so I'm left with a dewy yet flawless finish, I find this stops it from enhancing any dry patches or looking cakey.

This foundation definitely lives up to it's name as it stays in place all day long and as bad as I feel to admit it, even after sleeping in it ( everyone has those lazy moments right?) the coverage is just right as I don't find it to be that heavy at all and it's definitely not uncomfortable to wear. One foundation that I will actually re purchase, it's a miracle!
you can purchase it HERE


L'oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara

A mascara that's somewhat comparable to Benefit they're real but without those spider leg ends. I find this mascara to add a lot of length as well as enough buildable volume without looking clumpy or crispy (damn those crispy ends). This mascara also looks lovely on my bottom lashes, something that I often fail to find with other mascaras. I used to be a massive wand type of girl that longed for those huge mascara wands that were bigger than my actual eye but have been totally won over as I find this wand to give better results without a million blobs of mascara circulating my eye area.


Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl

005 nude

Ever tried a white eyeliner on your water line then realized it looked a bit odd? I know I have many times after wanting to banish those tired, red and damn straight depressed looking eyes. This nude toned eyeliner is honestly a savior, it opens up your eyes instantly making you look more awake. The staying power is wonderful but not 24'7 wear yet long enough to be praised for.



 Mac Vegas Volt

A lovely  bright coral colour in an amplified creme formula that feels moisturizing and comfortable on the lips with lovely colour pay off. Bold  lips with neutral eyes are an easy way to look more polished when you want a simple make up look or want to feel more confident (not dead). Vegas Volt does this for me every time, not as much precision needed to apply as a bright red yet not dull or any where near boring.Not much else to say about this lipstick other than I'd definitely recommend taking a look when next at your local Mac counter.



Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter

I actually received this product free in Harper's Bazaar and am head over heels!, now first impressions weren't all that great if I'm honest, all I could smell was sage until I actually applied this product onto bare legs. You only need a tiny amount of product and it leaves your skin feeling amazingly moisturised and looking amazing, the consistency is definitely not one of a typical body butter it's almost like a moisturiser/primer in one, I even prefer this product over my body shop body butters which I think are fantastic. The Bliss Body Butter keeps your skin feeling hydrated all day long and I will 100% be ordering a full size tube.




Diesel Loverdose

I could be here all day trying to describe how amazingly perfect this scent is but it wouldn't do it justice so I will copy and paste a description from online then add my own thoughts.
"Loverdose by Diesel is an addictive floral and oriental fragrance, with notes of mandarin, liquorice, jasmine and vanilla with a gourmand base."

First things first don't be put off with the liquorice aspect it settles down revealing a sweet yet musky tone that almost fits in with an own body scent, I'm not too sure what I mean but you know when you smell someone and think " I like their perfume?" this is more of  "I like the way they smell", as I said I'm useless with this so just test it out and be amazed! It definitely ups my mood and made me ready for the day ahead.

What are your beauty pick ups?






14 comments:

  1. All mac lipsticks are amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they sure are,I need a lovely nude shade but not too sure what one to choose do you have any recommendations?
      x

      Delete
  2. Great post!

    Inspiration is what I get from reading your blog,
    So that deserves a new follower :)

    Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind comment,really appreciate it and i will:)

      x

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely with you on the Telescopic Mascara, it's a must have for me. I also can't live without my Illamasqua liquid foundation.

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Illamasqua skin base have you tried that one? and i agree,it's the best thing ever! :) x

      Delete
  4. i love vegas volt! i recently found mine and i will be wearing it again all through spring

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a lovely colour :) ooo and i will

      x

      Delete
  5. Ooh I got that Bliss moisturiser too, I haven't tried it yet but I love the smell of it!

    http://danielleyc.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! just need to find somewhere in Birmingham that sells it so i can buy the full size :)

      Delete
  6. I love double wear & rimmel nude scandal eyes too. I want to try L'oreal telescopic but I'm not sure I will like it x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a love/hate mascara, worth a try :)

      x

      Delete
  7. I love Rimmel's Scandcal Eyes in Nude and only just got Vegas Volt, can't wait to try it :) x

    ReplyDelete