The Best of March





Where did march go? All I remember of it was rain, wind and more rain. Although the month has been pretty glum a few beauty bits have been winking at me left, right and center. Read on for my new favourite cleanser, foundation and a fantastic cream blush for £1.99. 


1. Dainty doll Cream blush | Paper Roses

Fragrance direct currently have a few Dainty doll pieces at stupidly low prices  (£1.99/ rrp £13.50). I ordered 4 blushers two of the cream variety and two good old powder ones. I was impressed with all four but have to say Paper Roses compliments my fair complexion like nothing else. The texture is buttery smooth and has a decent staying power. You can pick up this blusher as well as a few other Dainty doll bits on Fragrance Direct But hurry up before they are all gone  :)



2. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Lipstick #152

This Lipstick has graced my make up bag for over a year and has long been my best buddy in lipstick form. From it's silky smooth texture to it's sleek packaging it's perfection. I find the colour to compliant my skin tone well and adds the perfect pop of colour easily without worrying about lip liner and so on. I Would definitely recommend adding this lipstick to your beauty list as a treat or even a birthday present.



3. Estee Lauder Double wear Foundation SPF 10 | 1N1


Ahhhh. A long wearing formula that doesn't look cakey, transfer or dry out my skin. I have found it, The ultimate 12 hour shift foundation that i can count on. I have spent 1 too many toilet breaks at work re applying my foundation in a hurry slathering it on hoping my boss doesn't catch on (I'd rather he thought i have a bladder infection). If you have trouble finding a long wear formula I demand you to get your coat on and pop to your nearest Estee lauder stand to try this baby out, Foundation heaven.



4. Rimmel Apocalips | Nude Eclipse

A bold smoky eye and this lip colour are a match made in heaven. Due to my pale complexion I usually have trouble finding a nude lip colour that doesn't leave me looking like an extra from the walking dead. The texture is lovely and smooth and i find i only need a small amount to cover my lips (less than the applicator gives)



5. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum | 51 Light Vanilla

The ultimate light weight foundation. I find this product is best applied with my Real Techniques Buffing brush working it into my skin for a little while. It gives a lovely natural finish, not too dewy and not matte just perfect. If you have a fairly clear complexion I would 100% recommend this foundation although I find it to be buildable to a medium coverage without becoming cakey.



6. H&M Nudes Eyeshadows


I know, I know it resembles urban decays latest beauty and that's exactly what drew me to this item whilst queuing in H&M. When first used i was disappointed and found the colours to not be very pigmented apart from  the champagne shade in the middle which gives a lovely subtle glow to the eyelids, something that I love with a few layers of mascara, contoured cheeks and a few bits of highlighter here and there.I don't think I would recommend buying this palette but it had to be included in my March faves as i have used it almost every single day this month! something that's fairly rare.

 
7. The Body Shop | Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser


Got this item on a whim and can honestly say i am in love! It disperses as a foam and stays that way. I have a tendency to prefer foam cleansers but I'm not too sure why. Since using this cleanser my skin has been clearer than ever ( yes, even at that time of the month) and at only £5 I will be sure to re purchase it as soon as it runs out!

I hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite items From march. What items did you love? x 

5 comments:

  1. They are my two favourite foundations :)x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt H&M did make up! Looks lovely! Love the foundation too! !

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their make up is pretty hit or miss, they do really nice nail colours :)! x

      Delete
  3. The H&M palette shades look really nice :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete